I took the kids to Target today to exchange a beautiful dress that Aunt April gave her, it was too big.
They didn't have the same dress in her size. So, we attemped to entertain Caleb while collecting a stack of ten or so 4T dresses for her to try on.
To make this process easier,and to avoid having to try to keep Caleb from crawling under the dressing room door, I decided to try the dresses on over her clothes right there.
I know, I know how tacky right...but what's a Mom to do.
So with Caleb buckled up and crying in the cart, I attemped to try these dresses on as quick as possible. We are two flower dresses away from finishing the task when... it happened.
While I was pulling the dress over Cora's head the tag somehow gets stuck into poor Cora's nose. It must have cut a fairly large gash inside her nose, because blood starts pouring out from her nose.
Quickly, I turn toward the cart to get a tissue or wipe from the fully stocked diaper bag. Only to realize that in my motherly wisdom I decided that we wouldn't need the diaper bag and left it in the mini van.
Great. Now what?
I had to find something besides my hand to catch all this blood. The only thing I could put my hand on was Cora's denim jacket.
As I dropped all the dresses on the floor and rush off to the bathroom with my two crying children and blood dripping from my hand, I realize that I never knew how much blood could come out of a little girls nose. Her jacket was soaked!
We finally get to the bathroom and apply pressure with a cold paper towel to her nose. It takes a few minutes, but the nose finally stops bleeding and the children finally stop crying.
While in the bathroom with our shopping cart, I feel just awful as all these women who keep coming in are looking at me like "what did you do to that little girl." Of corse no one offered to help.
But after a little scrubbing, I feel we are once again presentable and head back into the store to purchase the Easter dress and matching size 9 white shoes.
Life as a Loya is never dull.
No comments:
Post a Comment