Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trip to Colorful Colorado

Okay, so I know my child-free extended weekend in Colorado is still over a week away, but here is a list of just a few of life's little luxuries which I am looking forward to experiencing:
  1. Strolling through the airport while not looking like a pack mule!
  2. Enjoying my flight while perusing the Sky Mall catalogue and sipping a steaming cup of HOT coffee.
  3. Having a complete and uninterrupted conversation with my amazing husband!
  4. Watching the news
  5. Listening to NPR
  6. Taking a hot shower every single day... Oooo, maybe even a bath.
  7. Choosing a restaurant based on the food selection, not when "kids eat free".
  8. Sitting in a coffee shop
  9. Taking a walk without pushing a stroller
  10. Caring a purse and not a diaper bag
  11. Heading out for the day without first having to collect, sippy cups, animal crackers, raisins, shoes, socks, blanket, small stuffed ponies, diapers, wipes, and the favorite toy of the day.

And one of the best reasons a child-free vacation is so great is...

I can be 90% sure that I will not have to concern myself with anyone else's many different body fluids! (But you can never be 100% sure about that one.)

__________________________________________

Now, don't get me wrong I adore my life and my children. I wouldn't change one thing. But this will be my first extended time (extended being more than a few hours) away from my kids in 4 years! Now come on moms, you know that is something to be excited about. :-)

1 comment:

Rebecca Erickson said...

Love it. True DAT, all of it. Take every opportunity to enjoy your time in beautiful Colorado. I'm pretty sure you will. Love you, Rebecca