Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Running Bleachers


I took the kids to go visit Grandma and Grandpa this week. They have been asking to go for about a month now. It has been nice working jobs close enough to allow us to make these short trips, just because.

After eating out and consuming too much Mexican food and ice cream today, I decided that I should burn off a few of those empty calories. So, I left the kids to have movie night with my folks, and headed to the local Gold's Gym.

I never made it there.

Instead I detoured and ended up running bleachers at my old high school stadium.

It's been a few years since I've done that.

As I was making my way around the track I kept looking, expecting to see people I knew. Until a voice in my head whispered "Psst, hey old lady, that was over 10 years ago, do you really expect to see your old school buddies just hanging out at the track?"

Okay, so I didn't see any familiar faces, but I still managed to run those bleachers just like the good 'ol days.

Maybe not as fast as I used to, but two kids and 10+ years later I still can do it.

And I feel pretty good about that.

No comments: