
I know that I depend on my amazing husband for so many things, but I have recently discovered a few more when he flew off to a meeting in Colorado this past weekend and left us alone in California.
I am not as brave driving around "The City" without him being just a phone call away, so we have stayed close to home while he has been gone.
There are the other little things... a few things I didn't realize I didn't know. Like whats the name of the show I like and what day it comes on, not to mention which channel. Oh and I still need to get online and look up what time church starts tomorrow.
But mostly I'm missing him tonight because of the rain.
The rain that has kept us inside our 400 sq feet for the past day and a half and has kept the sky grey, cold, and lonely. The rain that is keeping me awake because it's making a small lake in front of our trailer. The rain that has caused me to move the van to higher ground. The rain that is causing me to set an alarm so that I can go out and look to make sure that I don't need to figure out how to move our trailer.
I have never once hooked up or pulled our trailer, let alone tried to do it in the dark and pouring rain. One of the benefits of having a home on wheels is that you CAN move it when you need to, but waiting to decide if you are going to HAVE to, is definitely a negative.
They have had flooding at this park before and require everyone to have a truck on site to move their trailer in the event of flooding.
So, here's to a night of watching the rain and wishing my husband was here to calm my nerves and to tell me what channel SNL comes on and when it shows here in California.
I am not as brave driving around "The City" without him being just a phone call away, so we have stayed close to home while he has been gone.
There are the other little things... a few things I didn't realize I didn't know. Like whats the name of the show I like and what day it comes on, not to mention which channel. Oh and I still need to get online and look up what time church starts tomorrow.
But mostly I'm missing him tonight because of the rain.
The rain that has kept us inside our 400 sq feet for the past day and a half and has kept the sky grey, cold, and lonely. The rain that is keeping me awake because it's making a small lake in front of our trailer. The rain that has caused me to move the van to higher ground. The rain that is causing me to set an alarm so that I can go out and look to make sure that I don't need to figure out how to move our trailer.
I have never once hooked up or pulled our trailer, let alone tried to do it in the dark and pouring rain. One of the benefits of having a home on wheels is that you CAN move it when you need to, but waiting to decide if you are going to HAVE to, is definitely a negative.
They have had flooding at this park before and require everyone to have a truck on site to move their trailer in the event of flooding.
So, here's to a night of watching the rain and wishing my husband was here to calm my nerves and to tell me what channel SNL comes on and when it shows here in California.
No comments:
Post a Comment