Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Day Decisions

So Thursday is Thanksgiving Day and I have no idea how we will be celebrating it.
We had thought that Jonathan might be working, but thankfully he is going to be off.
We are to far away to enjoy the holiday with our families in Texas. So now what?
I have not purchased any food. It's to late to purchase a frozen bird, since it won't have time to thaw. So we're left with a few options. We could cook just the breast or heat up pre-made turkey and stuffing plates from Trader Joes, which I have sampled and are delicious. I just adore Trader Joe's.
Then there's the sides. Do I make them or buy them? We could all pitch in and have a family cooking day, but in our tiny kitchen I doubt the actual play by play will go as smoothly as the blissful holiday movie reel that is playing in my head.
Ok, so two days to go. Decisions, decisions.

A: Store bought dinner in landfill contributing mess free containers, followed by making a store bought gingerbread house, then pulling out the Christmas decorations and decorate our trailer while we listen to Christmas music.
B: Pack up the kids and the dog and make a crazy, yet beautiful, 10 hour drive up to Portland to see our beloved friends. Spend the weekend and then endure the 10hr return trip on Sunday.
C: Make last minute plans to join a lovely family that we became friends with while living in Shreveport, LA and enjoy a day of food, conversation, and watching the children play together.
D: Get some turkey sandwiches and spend the day playing in the sand listening to the ocean and roasting marshmallows over an open fire.

Which option to choose? hmmmm...
It all sounds lovely, though we'd rather spend the day laughing with our families.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your holiday no matter how YOU chose to spend it.

No comments: