Thursday, September 1, 2011

Meridian, MS

Okay so we are now living in Meridian, Mississippi M, i, crooked letter, crooked letter..... Meridian, Meridian, what to say about Meridian? It has trees. That is been pretty amazing, especially considering there were only about a dozen of them back in Calipatria. Seriously, I love the trees. The fall has been so beautiful. I often stop and stare out of my window just to watch the leaves fall. And what a treat to drive down a tree lined, curvy, two lane road while the colors rain down. sigh. lovely. Meridian also has a great city park. Bonitas lake is such a beautiful place. I try to go there and take a walk in the woods here as often as I can. Which is not as often as I would like. It's amazing how busy we are. This is a long job for us, so we will be here for at least a year. Plus, we arrived right at the begining of the school year. Since it is not very often that we are able to complete a full season/year of anything, we were quick to get the kids enrolled in activities, Of course there is home school with Cora, and then Caleb is in preschool three days a week, weekly bible study group, church activities, dance, tumbling, girl scouts,and art lessons. We just hit the ground running when we landed here in Meridian. We haven't spent any time being tourist. It's like we live here. How boring. But seriously, it's a fun change that we don't get to experience that often. We're just goin to go with it. We considered parking the trailer and renting a little house, but it's just so much cheaper to stay in our home. Besides, I can't imagin cramming back in after popping the top and spreading out again. So here we go, living the Southern life for a year. $5 bucks says when we finally do leave, take thatcccccccc slow draw with us.

No comments: