Friday, June 15, 2007

Almost Heaven...West Virginia!

At least that's what John Denver said.

We'll it looks like the roulette wheel is slowing down and our little white ball will be landing in Glen Dale, WV. Glen Dale is a tiny suburb of Wheeling which is a small town right on the Ohio River. Wheeling has about 30,000 people and is about 10 minutes from my job site, so we'll probably be staying there. I believe the project is slightly larger than this one so we will be there for about 5 mos.

Anyway...if we finish here on time, we will need to be in Glen Dale on July 9th and since driving back to CO and then to WV would add about 2800 miles to our trip, we won't be making the trip home this time. I will more than likely be coming home for a week to work in early July, and then Sarah and Cora will be coming home in September for Erin's wedding.

O.K. Down to the nitty gritty. Sarah and I will be shedding the trailer and will be looking to move into a house in WV. The only problem is that we won't have our stuff, that's where your luck begins to change. We have checked around and movers are ridiculously expensive, so we have a great idea. Sarah and I will cover a u-hual, a trailer, fuel, $100 a day food and lodging, $400 towards one way plane tickets from Pittsburg and add $500 for your troubles if any of you want to hit the road just like the Little Loya's and bring us all of our stuff.

I would help you load during my visit in July and then Sarah and I would take you to the airport whenever you guys arived. I figure it would take you three 8 hours days of driving, so you could get it done in a long weekend.

If any of you are interested let me know. Thanks.

Jonathan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about renting furniture in West Virginia or getting a furnished home?