We'll we are here and all set up at our site. I'll post some photos soon. Yesterday was very hard. The third day of driving was enough to make us crazy. Then we arrived that was exciting, but had to drive around town with a giant trailer looking for our site. Finally found it. Pulled in found out we needed an adapter to plug into the power. Still didn't know how to set up the toilet. Found out that since it was sitting for so long we had add some stuff to the holding tank and let it sit for 8 hours. So we had to go to the Burger King to use the bathroom. We couldn't get it level the first night so we couldn't open the sliders. We all our stuff in here we couldn't even walk around. It was exhausting and very frustrating. We were so tired that we gave up and went to bed.
This morning woke up and ate cereal because we had not figured out how to turn on the stove. Hooked the trailer back up to the truck so we could move it onto some leveling boards. One of the jacks broke while we were tyring to level it. We managed to fix it, enough. Finally, we were able to level the trailer and open both of the sliders. So much better! Now we can actually move around.
The trailer has not been used for a long time so everything was very dirty and I spent all morning cleaning and finding places to store all of our stuff.
It's almost 5:00 and we now have hot running water, a working toilet and stove. We have found a home for most of our belonging, and set up a play area for Cora.
Thing are looking up! I think this will work out just fine.
4 comments:
Well, good i'm glad you got set up. Have fun at the beach tomorrow.
Sorry I missed your birthday. I have it on my calander, but my calender is packed:) Happy belated.
Well we kept saying it would be an adventure and it sounds like it is. Heather, Tucker, Jason and I went on a hike today and were wondering how it was going with you guys. Can't wait to see updated pics. ~ Brenda
Trying to see if I'm no longer anonymous.
Hey guys,
Glad your trip went well and you got there "quickly."
Also glad that you made it through the initial learning curve of the 5th wheel.
Thanks for keeping us updated. The blog is such a good idea!
~Lee Ann
Post a Comment